Duration: minimum of 26 hours of online learning.
Let’s take a look at how ASL speakers interact with each other in everyday conversations. We’ll walk you through essential pieces of conversation and Deaf etiquette.
Who is this online course for?
This course is for anyone who already has the basics of conversation covered, such as introductions. This is the third and final course in our American Sign Language program, we strongly recommend taking ASL Level 1 and ASL Level 2 before beginning our ASL Level 3.
What will I learn?
At the end of this course, you will be able to comfortably apply your skills in everyday situations. You will learn everything you need to successfully communicate with someone using sign language such as;
- Vacations and Landmarks: Learn how to describe several places and landmarks such as gas stations, waterfalls, mountains and other landmarks to help you be able to give directions or talk about your travels.
- Hobbies: We’ll give you the tools to discuss things like going to the gym, reading, movies, music, and more!
- Weather: A necessary conversation topic in any language. Learn how to sign about the pleasantries, as well as the not so pleasant extreme weather events like tornadoes and hurricanes.
- Comparisons: Labeling and judging something as good or bad, the best or the worst
- Fashion: Learn how to shop with ASL and about the different types of clothing
- Colors: Learn the major colors and more, such as metallics.
- Money: Learn how to discuss money at the bank, in stores, and at home
- Directions: Giving and asking for help using the landmarks and destinations as covered in the first module.
- Medical Emergencies: A very important part of the course will show you how to sign temperatures, body parts and various ailments that may be needed in emergency situations.
- Deaf Etiquette: We’ll cover essential tips such as how to appropriately behave/react with a Deaf individual, keeping your hands steady, fingerspelling your name and much more.
EMT’s, police officers, firefighters, doctors, and nurses can all benefit greatly from knowing medical emergency ASL. However, it is also useful for retail workers, toll workers, and more who may come into contact with non-verbal or Deaf individuals.
Not only could your knowledge of sign language help you land that job, but it can also make other people’s lives much easier. Just by taking the ASL online course through Cudoo, you are helping out and you can help even more when American Sign Language is needed and no one else knows it.
The demand for ASL speakers is only growing, get your certificate today!
Check out our ASL bundle course that covers beginner to advanced levels.